1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I found this series to be quite boring and it had alot of chapters that didn’t really need to be there. Plus, I also had a huge issue with something that occurred in the sequel that made me DNF the third one before I even started it. I also found the main character dull and a bit unintelligent based on some of the decisions she made in the two books I read. And the friendship between the four girls was a toxic one. I hated it.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I absolutely loved the trilogy. I thought the story and characters were amazing. I enjoyed all the twists. Almost perfection.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Harry and Ginny. I actually thought for so long, maybe too long, that he was going to be with Hermione. I still can’t deal with Harry and Ginny as a thing.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Contemporary. I just know I will get bored very quickly.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Harry Potter. I loved the series but I found him quite whiny and full of himself throughout the entire series.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Cassandra Clare. I tried, I really did, but it’s just not going to happen.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
The female protagonist who cannot do anything for herself. Looking at you Bella Swan in Twilight New Moon. Give her independence and allow her to do something for herself for once. Stop drilling it into our heads that we need a boyfriend in order to live or be saved.
8. A popular series or author that you have no interest in reading.
Anything by John Green. They just don’t appeal to me.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I have 2. The Divergent Series and The Mortal Instruments series. I didn’t like either series in book form. The movie/series were just better suited to me.