Hello everyone. Today I’ll be doing the No Disclaimers Book Tag. This tag has been going around for a while now and I have seen so many people doing it. I love these kinds of tags because they allow me to share my honest opinions without fear of being judged. Let’s get started.
1. Which trope in books annoy you the most?
Love triangles. I never understood them. It’s basically stringing along two people. One the MC has absolutely no interest in but is too scared to admit that for fear of losing them and one who the MC loves but is also usually the one with big issues that can’t easily be resolved.
2. Which writer/writers do you feel are overhyped?
3. What are your least favorite books you’ve read since you started blogging?
Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I gave it 1 out of 5 stars. It was one of my most anticipated reads and it let me down hard.
4. A terrible ending that ruined an otherwise quality book?
Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller.
5. Which fictional character do you wish were not killed off?
Dobby from the Harry Potter series. That was so devastating. Also, Hedwig’s death hurt pretty bad too.
6. What are some of your bookish pet peeves?
Cover changes in the middle of the series, dog-earring the pages of books, and graphic sex scenes in YA novels.
7. What are some books you feel should have more recognition?
I say it all the time. The Land of Elyon series by Patrick Carman.
8. What are your thoughts on censorship and banning books?
I don’t think books should be outright banned, but I do think it is up to parents/guardians to decide if they’re child is ready for the content of certain books. I also think books should be marketed to the right demographic and not just put on the YA shelf because it’s convenient.
9. Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to do this little tag.