I generally don’t care about anticipated releases unless it’s for a series I enjoy. I tend to just read whatever I feel like and don’t necessarily feel the need to follow the trend of reading the newest books. I do, however, watch other people’s videos of their anticipated releases, so I do know what books are coming out. This top 5 Wednesday is dedicated to the 2019 anticipated releases that I don’t care about.
5. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
I didn’t like The Grisha Trilogy or Six of Crows. I did attempt to read both back in 2017 and I just couldn’t do it. So, why would I be anticipating a book that’s about one of the characters already introduced in one of the previous series? Well, I’m not. Sorry Leigh.
4. Finale by Stephanie Garber
Caraval was one of the worst books I have ever read and I definitely didn’t read Legend, so I’m not going to waste my time on Finale when I could be reading better things.
3. Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Claire
I honestly just don’t like any of Cassandra Claire’s books. It’s not that I never tried, because I really did. I just never found them interesting, so I’m definitely not excited for this book.
2. Superman: Dawn Breaker by Matt De La Pena
This is one of those types of books I’m never going to read. If they did a Marvel series, I probably would at least try them, but I never really liked DC, so I’m not going to waste my time getting excited about this 2019 release.
1. The new series Sarah J Maas is releasing in 2019. There is no title yet, but I do know there is one on its way. I just don’t like Sarah J Maas’ books. I read most of the first book in The Throne of Glass series and liked it a bit, but not enough to continue on. So why would I be excited for anything of hers that’s coming out next year?
That’s all for my top 5 Wednesday. I hope you enjoyed it. Leave me some comments about what books you couldn’t care less about in 2019. Bye 😀