So, today I’ll be doing the Harry Potter Spells Book Tag. I found this tag over on Alina’s page and thought it looked good. Here are my answers to the questions.
1. Expecto Patronum: A childhood book connected to good memories
The Land of Elyon series by Patrick Carman. I got the first book from my aunt for Christmas and I loved it so much she continued to buy me them every year.
2. Expelliarmus: A book that took you by surprise
Otherearth by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. I actually had very low expectations for this book because the first one was so all over the place, but this one really amazed me.
3. Prior Incantato: The last book you read.
Death Note Vol 2 by Tsugumi Ohba. I love Death Note so much so I’m finally reading the manga.
4. Alohamora: A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before.
The Hunger Games introduced me to the dystopian genre. I didn’t know what it meant before HG and nothing has lived up to the genre since.
5. Riddikulus: A funny book you’ve read.
I don’t really read funny books so I don’t have an answer to this question 😭
6. Sonorus: A book you think everybody should know about.
I say the same thing every time this question comes up. Land of Elyon by Patrick Carman.
7. Obliviate: A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read.
I got spoiled for one of the biggest deaths in the HG trilogy because people were posting about it on Facebook during the period where the books were so hyped. I managed to forget it before I read the book, but still… don’t post spoilers on social media.
8. Imperio: A book you had to read for school.
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Did I actually read it though? No.
9. Crucio: A book that was painful to read.
Caraval by Stephanie Garber. It got a 1 star rating from me.
10. Avada Kedavra: A book that could kill (interpret as you will).
The Monster Manual from D&D 5e. The things in that book could definitely kill. And they will.
That’s all for my Harry Potter Spells Tag. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading. Bye👋