Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. It’s Tuesday once again and today I’m doing the Reader Problems Book Tag. Once again, I got this tag from The Book Nut’s Blog.
So, let’s get started with this tag.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually read series, so I’d pick 3 series and read one book from each and then the next book from each until I’m finished. For example, I’d read Hunger Games, Otherworld and The Lightning Thief, then Catching Fire, Otherearth and Sea of Monsters and so on. It gets me through my series while also helping me stay on track with my TBR.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
It depends on why I’m not enjoying it. If I’m not motivated to read it but I’m enjoying it when I do then I’ll take a break from it, but if I’m hating it when I read it then I put it down and just never pick it up again.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I just keep reading and try to get as much done as I can. The goal is personal and I’m not trying to please anyone else with it, so who really cares if I don’t read every book I set out to read in that year. There’s always next year.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I just deal with it. If I’m really that paranoid I’ll just go out and buy a new set (Hunger Games), but it’s not that important. The last book in my all time favourite series doesn’t match the rest, and yes it irks me a little, but I’m ok with it.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I just Blog about it or just let them know I don’t like it and why I don’t like it.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I stop reading until I get home.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I’ll reread it. I’m going to be rereading Ace of Shades soon because I’ve preordered the sequel. Same for COBAB.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I just say no. But that’s only with people who I know are terrible with books. Usually I’m fine with it as long as they don’t ruin the book.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I just focus on something else for a while.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I buy all of them. It’s lucky there’s not many I’m excited for.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Up to 3 months. The longest was a year because I wanted to wait until the sequel was out but generally I will read them pretty quickly after I buy them.
That’s all for this week’s tag. Let me know what your reader problems are in the comments.
Thank you for reading. Bye 👋