The halfway mark of this year has finally come upon us and that means it’s time for the Mid-Year Freakout Tag. So far this year I have read 15 books, which isn’t as much as last year, but I’m still happy with it since most of them were 5 STAR READS!
Anyway, let’s get to this tag. This is a tag that I will be doing every year.
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2019?
Most of my reads have been 5 Stars so only choosing one will be hard. I guess I’ll go for Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It was my first experience with an audiobook and it just blew me away.
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2019?
The best sequel by far that I’ve read so far this year has got to be Otherearth by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller. It was surprisingly good considering the first one got off to a rocky start.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To?
As of writing this, I still have not read King of Fools by Amanda Foody. I do plan on reading it very soon.
4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2019?
Children of Vengeance and Virtue by Tomi Adeyemi. I absolutely loved Children of Blood and Bone, so I obviously can’t wait for this one.
5. Biggest Disappointment?
I have not had any disappointing reads so far this year. I’ve been very happy with everything I’ve read. If I have to choose I’d say Rogue by Julie Kagawa, but it was still a 4 star read.
6. Biggest Surprise?
Otherearth by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller. Honestly, I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did.
7. Favourite New Author?
Neal Schusterman. Currently reading Scythe and I love his writing style so much. I want to read Thunderhead, The Toll and Dry.
8. Newest Fictional Crush?
I actually don’t have any fictional crushes this year.
9. Newest Favourite Character?
Lara Jean. I just found her so relatable. She’s dorky just like me.
10. Book That Made You Cry?
Sorry book world, but no tears were shed for you so far this year.
11. Book That Made You Happy?
To all the boys I’ve loved before by Jenny Han. It was such a cute story.
12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I thought the movie was so cute and after reading the book, I have to say it was a close interpretation.
13. Favourite Review You’ve Written This Year?
I guess I did an ok review for All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I don’t really do full on reviews, just short ones in my wrap ups.
14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year?
Well, I didn’t actually buy it, my fiancé did. Has not arrived yet though, but it’s the 10 Year Anniversary edition of the Hunger Games trilogy.
15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year?
Obviously I’m still trying to continue my Top 10 Books I Want To Read in 2019, so I have 7 more to go as I didn’t manage to get through most of them during the first half of the year like I planned.
1. Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell
2. An Unkindness of Magicians by Kat Howard
3. This Savage Song by VE Schwab
4. Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
6. King of Fools by Amanda Foody
7. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Thank you for reading. I tag you all to do this Book Tag. Byes 👋