Hello everyone. When I was younger, I used to read all the time. I stopped for a while, but now I love reading again, and there are some books I remember reading that I’d love to read again. So, here is a short list of books from my childhood I wish to read again. Disclaimer: no Harry Potter as I do plan on reading it next month!
1. Drift House by Dale Peck.
I have very fond memories of reading this down by the beach. It took me forever to remember the name of this book. Every time I googled the specific scene I remembered, it would always send me to Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. But, I persisted and eventually found the right one. I would love to get my hands on it to read it again.
2. The Door to Time (Ulysses Moore#1) by Pierdomenico Baccalario.
I read this when I was around 14 and I loved it so much. I recently found the series on Amazon and there are about 16 books. I do eventually plan on reading all of them. I just hope it’s as good as I remember.
3. Demons of the Ocean (Vampirates #1) by Justin Somper.
In this books, twins Connor and Grace find themselves on a pirate ship ruled by vampires. I don’t know if this one will stand the test of time, but I would really like to read it again.
4. The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles #1) by Tony TiTerlizzi and Holly Black. These books are tiny. The edition I read was about the size of my hand. But within those tiny pages was a great story filled with adventure. I would love to get my hands on them again.
5. The Hound of Rowan (The Tapestry #1) by Henry H. Neff. The only real things I remember from this is a boarding school with changing rooms, soccer where the ground moves and a VR challenge similar to the faction test and fear test in Divergent. I read it not realising it was a part of a series, but luckily all of them are available on Kobo so I can read them all.
So, there’s my list. If any of you have read these books or know of any similar ones I might like, let me know in the comments.
Thank you for reading. Byes 👋