Wow, the first half of this year has gone by so fast. For me, it has actually been a great reading year so far. As of writing this, I have completed 42 books, which is 6 books away from the amount of books I read all of last year and 2018. There would have been alot more if I didnt end up in a few reading slumps. But, I am back into the habit of reading thanks to Believathon 2. Now, let’s get to the tag…
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2020? Godgrave by Jay Kristoff. I could not stop raving about it. I think it may be the best book I’ve read in my entire life so far. It was violent and had all the things I want in a book. It was just great.
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2020? Can I say the same as the first answer? No? Ok, I’ll just have to pick something else. And that something else will be Our Dark Duet by VE Schwab. I think it might have been better than the first one. These books are very musical and I love how well they were written.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To? Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend. This book is confusing as I cannot find it anywhere, but it was apparently released in February.
4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2020? Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles and Queen of Volts by Amanda Foody. I cannot wait to get my hands on either of these. I love battling magicians and I really need to know how Enne’s story ends.
5. Biggest Disappointment? Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson. I heard so many great things about this book, and I could bareky make it through. I just could not understand the hype.
6. Biggest Surprise? Reverie by Ryan La Sala. This was one of those books I knew I wanted to read, but knew absolutely nothing about. It ended up being whimsical and fun. I loved the dream sequences and thought it was so well done. And the best part of it was the gay representation. The MC being gay was not the main part of the story and I didn’t even realise he was gay until he started fawning over a male character, in the same way a straight character would. I want to see more of that in books.
7. Favourite New Author? Jay Kristoff. I have read a few of his books this year and loved them all (except Aurora Rising, but I knew that going in.)
8. Newest Fictional Crush? NOONE! I don’t get fictional crushes
9. Newest Favourite Character? Jane McKeene from Dread Nation by Justina Ireland. She was strong and smart. She knew what battles to fight and what ones to give up on. She cared so much about her peers, even ones that hated her. She always tried to do what was right and her zombie kiling skills were amazing.
10. Book That Made You Cry? I don’t really cry over books, but I did get a bit teary eyed at the end of Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. It kind of broke my heart 😦
11. Book That Made You Happy? Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend and Cogheart by Peter Bunzl. They were both books that got me through hard times and made me see the light in some dark places.
12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
The Hate U Give. I have not read the book, but I would like to. I really enjoyed the movie and it gave me a very new perspective on things.
13. Favourite Review You’ve Written This Year?
Probably the only full review I have ever written which was for Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson. I went into full on rant mode for that one.
14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year?
Reverie by Ryan La Sala. I mean, have you seen that cover? So pretty.
15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year? I have a HUGE list of books and I am not going to fit them all here.
Anyways, that brings us to the end of the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag. Feel free to do the tag yourself. Thank you for reading. Byes 🙂